At Coberley we aim to develop motivated, creative and resilient mathematicians who can confidently apply what they learn. Most of all we want children to enjoy maths and to get excited about the challenges the subject can bring. Maths is about learning new skills and practising these to become fluent so as to be able to apply them in real life situations. It is important to us that children see the relevance of maths and why it is needed in life. We set our children’s learning in context by making the links to real life, and across the curriculum, giving their learning worth.
- We teach the National Curriculum (2013) throughout the school.
- We use a range of resources such as Numicon to help learn practically.
- We use the WhiteHub maths scheme. The scheme of work can be viewed on the following page.
- We assess using the Age Related Expectations (AREs) for maths. These can be found on the assessment pages.
- At the end of each term the children sit a formal maths test. There are two papers; arithmetic and reasoning and problem solving.
- The children have a termly KIRF sheet. These are the Key Instant Recall Facts sheets which needs to be learnt.
See the links below for useful Maths links
|Calculation Policy||[pdf 359KB]|